Cucumber Watermelon Salad – refreshing, quick, easy to make, with delicious, healthy homemade dressing
Cucumber Watermelon Salad
refreshing, quick, easy to make, with delicious, healthy homemade dressing
Manfreed demonstrates a quick, easy to make, delicious, nutritious, refreshing cucumber watermelon salad with an easy to make healthy, homemade dressing of lemon or lime, brown sugar, garlic with a pinch of chili flakes. You kids, beginning cooks and new cooks can make this quick, easy to make salad recipe. Your family, friends and relatives will ask you to make this again and again. Please enjoy more simple to make healthy, homemade salads here on Manfreed’s cooking web site
Manfreed (in the Kitchen)
Food Safety – for Cucumber Watermelon Salad – refreshing, quick, easy to make, with delicious, healthy homemade dressing
Wash your hands with hand soap and water.
Make certain that all kitchen utensils and tools are clean
Be cautious with the knife. Curl your fingers back away from the knife when holding what you are cutting.
Never lick a knife.
Do not lick your fingers without washing your hands instantly after licking.
Never lick any kitchen utensil without washing it instantly before using it again.
- 3 cups cucumber - chopped
- 2 cups watermellon - chilled
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves - fresh
- ¼ cup basil leaves - fresh
- ½ cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch chili flakes
- Clean, peel and chop 3 cups/750 ml of cucumber and put into a large mixing bowl
- Cut a large slice of watermelon and cube it into 2 cups/500 ml and add it to the bowl - mix the contents
- Using the scissors clip ¼ cup/60 ml of the washed and dried cilantro leaves into the bowl
- Using the scissors clip ¼ cup/60 ml of the washed and dried cbasil leaves into the bowl - mix the contents together
- Cut a lemon or lime in half and juice it into a small bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon/5 ml of brown sugar to the lemon or lime juice
- Clean, crush and mince a clove of garlic and add to the lemon or lime juice
- Add a pinch of chili pepper and mix well
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber watermelon salad and mix
Large mixing bowl,
Hand Soap, Hand Towels (clean),
Oven mitts, Rubber kitchen gloves (non-slip), dish soap,
Hat or hair net, Apron, Pencil and Recipe
Variations - for Cucumber Watermelon Salad - refreshing, quick, easy to make, with delicious, healthy homemade dressing
Easy Clean-up – for Cucumber Watermelon Salad - refreshing, quick, easy to make, with delicious, healthy homemade dressing
Dish soap, Dishtowels, Kitchen Sponge/Cloth
1. Wash all the kitchen utensils/tools and put them away in the proper cupboard.
2. Put ingredients back into the proper cupboards.
3. Wipe down the counter-top with soap and water